• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mcafee lies about virus threats in order to increase business.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Another company that plays on fears: AOL.

"I would love to get a computer virus"

I especially like the one where the guy would love his computer to slow down. I guess he will get what he wants with AOL.

All these ads tick me off. It's as if only AOL gives virus protection- and the only way you will be safe on "the better internet" is if you have AOL with free anti-virus protection. Meh....

diggingforgold said:
Another company that plays on fears: AOL.

"I would love to get a computer virus"

I especially like the one where the guy would love his computer to slow down. I guess he will get what he wants with AOL.

All these ads tick me off. It's as if only AOL gives virus protection- and the only way you will be safe on "the better internet" is if you have AOL with free anti-virus protection. Meh....

i hate those commericials with all my might when you can get spybot or adaware... what amuses me is that people really fall for that kind of advertising. :mad:

Back