• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Have A Dream...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonwessel

ABIT "Fatal1ty AA8XE"

Intel P4 3.46GHz w/ HT tech. 2MB L3 Cache

ATI Radeon x800xt PE 256MB 256bit

4GB of 240-Pin DDR2-533 w/ latency of 3-2-2-4

Would would you guys do if it was your birthday. You wake up and it's your birthday. You go to turn on your PC and to your suprise it says new hardware has been detected. After you learn what hardware was secretly bought for your PC for your birthday, what would be your reaction??? Would you have a heartattack??? Would you faint??? What would you do???

I would be angry that someone robbed me of the pleasure of installing all of that hardware. I would take it apart and put it back together.

isnt 4GB like over kill dude? i mean doesnt it take more time to read the different memory blocks cause there's so many?

LOL I be amaze that a family member knows how to put computer parts together other then me. LOL

jcw122 said:
isnt 4GB like over kill dude? i mean doesnt it take more time to read the different memory blocks cause there's so many?

RAM and HDD's don';t work like that, they work like a book with a table of contents...when it wants a file it checks in the TOC and then asks to read the pages per say...for RAM, since it usualy doesn't have files, it jsuts asks for the page number...and with RAM asking for page "1" say 00001 takes just as long as page "31" 11111....so unless you get mroe RAM than what the maximum addressing system is, it doesn't matter how much you have (HDD's recently ran into this problem with the 127gb cap if you recall), I'm not sure if RAM uses the same system or not though.

Back on topic, I'd be pissed someone jacked over 2ghz of CPU power from me....I'd rip it all out and sell it...then find me some noconas!....might keep the radeon though

Back