• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats wrong with my mobo.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ad Rock

I am just posting this here since my original thread seems to be getting very little traffic in the DFI section. I am getting pretty frustrated and would like some opinions, also I cant stand not having my computer up and running so I want to know if I should order a new NF7-S or if I can salvage this DFI.

Anyway here is the original thread:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=3369494#post3369494

I hope someone can help me out now :cry: .

I would have to agree with RGone in his last post. Have you double checked the master/slave jumpers on all you disks and opticals and set up the HDs as masters and the opticals as slaves?

You might also consider tracking down the lastest bios revision for your board and flashing your bios.

DWolf:cool:

going from one system to the other may be the problem- setting up windows fresh with the hardware you intend to run it on relly is the best way to do it.

You can always back up your data, wipe the drive to zeros, then do a fresh install.

itshondo said:
going from one system to the other may be the problem- setting up windows fresh with the hardware you intend to run it on relly is the best way to do it.

You can always back up your data, wipe the drive to zeros, then do a fresh install.

That is what I tried to do, but the windows disk will not start the set-up program. The drive reads the CD and then will not boot off of it. That is the issue I am having, trying to get the damn optical drive to load the windows cd.

Okay...try bypassing the floppy as your first boot dvice...instead, set it as CDROM, HDD-0, and disable the 3rd boot device. See what happens with that.

Back