• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help in pricing up a system!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Th0r

Hi all, Just selling this system(locally) and we want the most we can get for it, my mum is going for a laptop, so we want all we can get for this computer.

System:

AMD XP2500+ Barton
MSI Motherboard(cannot remember the exact board sorry)
512MB RAM 333Mhz Corsair Value RAM
80GB Hard Drive
Liteon DVD-RW/CD-RW +8x/-4x etc
On Board Audio
ATi 9200SE 128MB
Mouse
Keyboard
Laptech Speakers
Windows XP Professional SP2
Office 2003

We are also throwing in a table, but we ain't throwing the monitor in this because we are giving it to my brother.

Just want a realistic price for it.

Thankyou.

EDIT- This will be in English Pounds btw :p

Well, the only method for figuring this type of price that I can think of would be to look at the prices for the individual components and add them up. I did that on newegg and since I can't know exactly what each piece is, I just picked a nice round number for each item that is sort of in the middle of the range of similar items. The hardest ones to guess at were the mobo (lots of choices even after filtering the list as much as seemed reasonable) and the graphics card (no 9200SE's in stock so I looked at regular 9200's). so here is what I came up with:

Code:
Barton 2500	         $90.00
MSI mobo 	         $70.00
512 corsiar RAM        	$70.00
80GB HD	                 $60.00
Lite-on DVD burner 8x	 $60.00
ATI 9200 SE 128 MB	$100.00
Win XP PS2	        $150.00
MS office 2003	        $200.00

Total	                $800.00

Then too, there is the mouse/keyboard that you did mention and the case/PSU that you didn't (unless you know where to get free PSUs and you are not sharing the info with the rest of us :cry: ) and the desk which I have no idea how to estimate. That could be anywhere form $100 -- $200 depending on what you had in mind.

Also, since you want prices in GBP that comes out to about GBP 430.00 for known items and shall we just say another GBP 50.00 for the rest?

Also, I have no clue what you have to do tax wise. My guess is that the VAT that I have seen around is similar to our sales/use tax which is around 7-10% depending on where you live. All my prices are pre-tax as we don't charge sales tax if you don't live in the state where you are ordering from.

Thankyou,

Our VAT system is 17.5% of the total price.

The Case and PSU we already have, but i will be getting a new case and putting in a Antec PSU(350Watts) with it as the current case and PSU are old etc.

The Desk we are selling with the computer is around 30 pounds.

Thankyou for helping me price up this system.

AZNBoiOnFIYA said:
i would say from 500-700 depending on how long youve used it. if everything was new, you could probably get about 800

The system was built around July last year. The system has only been used for Internet, Emailing, Someone Photo Editing, thats it.

Back