• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MM2613

Registered
Hey guys, i just installed a new mobo (vnf3250) and when i boot the pc says...

Disk boot failure. Insert system disk....

Does this mean i have to reinstall windows?

Thanks in advance.

You virtually always have to reinstall the OS after installing a new motherboard of a different make or model.

Either that or it isn't set to boot from a hard disk in the BIOS of your new board. Check the boot sequence settings in BIOS. In some there is the option to disable booting from a particular device. It would be odd but your mobo may have come configured not to boot from HD first, or at all.

Yep (to both).

If it's a SATA drive, some mobo's aren't set from the factory to boot sata first, or maybe your ribbon cables are out of order from the last mobo.

You really should do a fresh OS install for a new mobo...

You could try running the windows installer and choose to "repair" the installation. That will just reinstall core windows components and new/default drivers. This should prevent driver conflicts from the old drivers without you having to reformat.

Back