• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.6LV XEONs heads up.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW

I thought these were non-hyperthreaded, 1.6GHz Xeons.
I guess I'm wrong.

I think I REALLY might have to pick up on this deal. $430 as opposed to $112 for the pair?

Just need to get the money though.
*me pulls down ski mask over head*

:sn:

Seven said:
WOW

I thought these were non-hyperthreaded, 1.6GHz Xeons.
I guess I'm wrong.

I think I REALLY might have to pick up on this deal. $430 as opposed to $112 for the pair?

Just need to get the money though.
*me pulls down ski mask over head*

:ninja:

Yes they are HT chips. $100 for the pair, is what he is selling them to me for, and then what ever it costs to ship them. He has about 24 chips.

I plan on getting these to hold me over untill the Nocconas either get faster, or cheaper.

From what I have been reading 2.8ghz in easy on these chips, and 3.2 is not out of sight. I plan on water cooling them too. Should be a nice budget set-up.

Wow. I'll have to see where I can scrounge up $112 from, I'll probably just save it from each day on my trip to mammoth, and I guess I get back around the end of the month.

I'll see if I can pick a set up by then. *me crosses fingers*

Hide the link so nobody else can buy ;)

wow, i always thought they were non-ht. When i bought my cpu's they were like $220.... each..... but that was before 1.6LV's were hot.

They're so cheap! i'm tempted to get another system.... even though i REALLY don't need one and am not loaded on cash.

Ok, count me in if these are the D1 stepping. I want something better than the C1's I got, and I'm not ready to shell out the $440 or so for nocona's yet. PM coming your way.

Alright, I think I have a solution to get these

I know the auctions end in 2 days. I need about 7-8 more and then I'll be home from Mammoth, MAYBE with $100 in cash on hand.

Then hopefully I'll be able to pick up one of the remaining sets, if my parents let me buy one.

I really do need a paypal account...

There are more than one auction. I think there is one that ends in 6 days. I don't want to be driving all over the place to pick these up for other people. If you want in on tommorrows run let me know. If not, I may not be going again.

Albigger said:
Ok, count me in if these are the D1 stepping. I want something better than the C1's I got, and I'm not ready to shell out the $440 or so for nocona's yet. PM coming your way.

From the looks of all the items listed they all appear to be D1s. All that I have read about D1s say that they can boot at 200mhz thats 3.2ghz there. They should be fun. If you get a better pair than me, Ill cry.

{PMS}fishy said:
From the looks of all the items listed they all appear to be D1s. All that I have read about D1s say that they can boot at 200mhz thats 3.2ghz there. They should be fun.
Yeah, that's what I have read also. I can't wait.

{PMS}fishy said:
If you get a better pair than me, Ill cry.

Haha :p . Well, if I do maybe it's because it'll be my second pair.

I doubt there would be a huge variation anyway (if they are the same stepping). Maybe 1-200 mhz or so. If all else fails can always hope there are some left after testing.

Do you have your motherboard yet? I got the ncch-dl from ewiz. Not sure if you are looking for that or for the pc-dl or other, but just thought I'd let you know.

thanks again.

I just put the order in 2 hours ago from ewiz for the NCCH-DL.

I was looking at both, but then decided that the NCCH-DL would be a better choice as it officaly supports the Nocconas. I was also not sure of the PCI/AGP lock on either of them. Knowing that the NCCH-DL can offically is important too, as the PC-DL is a 533 MB.

The PC-DL will run noconas...doesn't support it though. But the NCCH-DL is a nice board because it has 64bit PCI slots, which gives some nice options for upgrading to SCSI and other hardware.

ajrettke said:
The PC-DL will run noconas...doesn't support it though. But the NCCH-DL is a nice board because it has 64bit PCI slots, which gives some nice options for upgrading to SCSI and other hardware.

I know, but it takes a hacked BIOS, and for $30 more I get guranteed compability. Its worth it for me when dealing with stuff like this. I doubt that I will ever use the 64-bit PCI slots, as this is just going to replace my shuttle XPC. Slap a sound card in it, and be done.

I got in on this deal back when these guys were just getting hot. I bought a complete package from a person that included 2x 1.6LV Xeons, PC-DL, and 2x Wind tunnel HS/F's. As you can see in my sig, I got one of the sets that didnt make 200fsb. I have tried many things, but I havent made it yet. I am happy with them though.

bchur83 said:
I got in on this deal back when these guys were just getting hot. I bought a complete package from a person that included 2x 1.6LV Xeons, PC-DL, and 2x Wind tunnel HS/F's. As you can see in my sig, I got one of the sets that didnt make 200fsb. I have tried many things, but I havent made it yet. I am happy with them though.

So I take it you have C1s? I thought that all D1s could hit 200. Is it that the chips won't run at that fast of a bus speed, or they won't run 16x200 ?

I tried all the way down to 12 x 200, but still no go. Even at 1.6V. And yes, they are C1's. The SS below says 603pin, but they are 604.

Attachments

• cpuz.JPG
    cpuz.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 287
yeah the thing is bchur that when these first post they post at max multiplier*FSB until it can read the BIOS and drop down, so the chips just can't hit 3200mhz for the post. Also, have tyou tried rnuning up to 165 FSB? most C1's can do that fairly easily.

Yeah, I have run at 165, but they arent 100% stable. I think there may be some other issues that are causing me to be unstable. I think I may have some issues with my BH5.

I don't think the lone problem with the C1's is just posting at the high speed. for instance, my C1's will post at 200 x 16 = 3.2 ghz, and even posted at 16 x 233 = 3.728ghz.

so they can take the initial post, go through my RAID array detection, and get around in BIOS fine. i didn't try at 233, but at 200 fsb (and even low mulitipliers such as 12) it will get into windows but gets random reboots/blue-screens. And the chips I have are perfectly stable at 16 x 166.

I'm not 100% sure this is due to the chips themselves though either, as I though maybe my PCI RAID card or AGP card could be causing problems at the 200fsb.

I should know for sure when the D1's get here, if those can run 200fsb in my system then it was just the chips, and if they can't, I'll have to start looking at other issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back