• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a lil mind boggling computer story. ...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-Superman

I wake up this morning and my computer is running as normal and the next thing i know it has turned its self off, so im like "okay, wtf mate ?" ...i turn it on and i dont see my Asus bootup screen or any boot up screen for that fact it goes right to the user login screen.

I never see the user login screen because I am the only one who uses my computer (duh !) and I have nothing to hide from my parents so I dont have a password on.

So umm yea. Interesting way to start the morning, eh ?

I had a bad circuit breaker on my house that would cause that kind of action. :eh?: I dont know why. Even through I used a UPS, the power would flutter and the computer would shortly after go into hibernation. since replacement of that breaker things have been fine.

Your computer just went in to sleep mode. Their should be an option some were in the control panel to turn that off.

That weird stuff would happen to me sometimes too and for some reason it only happened when i went to lan parties. I would shut down normally at home then when I got to the lan, I would turn it on and all i would see is a blank screen for about 30 sec, then the login screen.

WEIRD

Back