• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7D and new GT6800 cant install-Code 12

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vito

I recieved a new XFX 6800gt and I seem to have a problem installing the card itself.
I removed my ATI Fire GL card. Removed previous drivers, did a driver cleaner too. Rebooted...blah blah....
In the device manager / 6800Gt properties I see this message:
"The device cannot find enough free rescources that it can use code 12"

any ideas how to fix this?

Hmm... seems odd. I know that some people have had problems with video cards sharing IRQs with other devices, it may be that?

I havent got a windows install here so I cant check just now.

Yeah...
I'll get into the BIOS to look at the IRQ's
Im going to pull out the Turtle Beach sound card first.
That may be the culprit.
The only other PCI cards I have are a NIC and a scsi card for the Raptor HDs.
Weird. Is this an Nvidia thing 'cause the ATI card worked fine.?

It is common what u are seeing..Make sure PCI slot 1 is empty and you should be ok..Also you may have to use the second 66/64 slot for the drive card leaving the other empty but maybe not..

I finally got the card to work.

I had to take out my Rocket Raid controller card for my Raptors, which was in the 64bit PCI slot #2 and place it in one of the empty 32bit PCI slots.
I know I cant use the PCI slot 1 becuase of the video cards cooling fan covers it up, but is my 2nd 64bit PCI slot useless now as well?
I hope my Raptors dont take a performance hit with the RAID card in the 32bit slot?
Anyone else have the problem?
Is there a fix in the BIOS I can do.

Come on all you K7D users.

cheers

Last edited:
diehrd

Where in my BIOS (rev 1.91) do I change the IRQ settings and how?
I seem to be lost there.
I do need to get the RocketRaid card back into the 64bit pci slot 2. I do notice a hit in speed already when in the 32bit slots.

sucks that I have a $360.00 video card now and I have to let the 2xRaptors take a performace hit.

Vito said:
diehrd

Where in my BIOS (rev 1.91) do I change the IRQ settings and how?
I seem to be lost there.
I do need to get the RocketRaid card back into the 64bit pci slot 2. I do notice a hit in speed already when in the 32bit slots.

sucks that I have a $360.00 video card now and I have to let the 2xRaptors take a performace hit.

I would remove all cards and re add 1 at a time ...Use the top 66/64 slot or the lower one but make sure ya get those drives off that 33/66 slot lol..

As far as bios diasble all Sereal and LPT ports if ya dont use them ..And there is in a menue somewhere a place to manually assign IRQ ..Dont have a MSI so i am not sure where ..Oh also disable the game poort if ya dont use it..

Well its still not working.
I've read some posts on 2CPU about IRQ sharing and it seems that the K7D's AGP slot shares an IRQ with the lower 64bit pci slot. Some AGP cards will allow a controller card in the lower pci slot and some dont. Obviously my brand new XFX 6800GT doesnt play nice with the sata controller card I have. ( RocketRaid SATa Raid card)

And I sitll dont know if or how to change the IRQ assignments of the devices.
I toyed around in the BIOS with no luck. Needless to say, the SATA raid card is stuck into a 32bit slot. Sucks that I have 2 64bit pci slots and cant use either one.

Back