• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios Saviour?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

usp8riot

I recently purchased a bios saviour after a bad flash. I ordered a new bios chip from badflash.com and am using it as we speak and the bios saviour. But is it possible to reflash my original bios chip with my new one using bios saviour? I had no luck doing it and the instructions are written in bad english. Can someone please tell me it's possible? :)

Yes its very simple. Do you have an IC extracter or piece of floss handy?

What you do is boot with the good chip and keep the bad one handy. Either from dos or windows.... Basically after it has posted ; you remove the BIOS chip <good> and put the bad one back in. Since its booted normally it wont affect the computer and from there is you reflash it.

There are 2 ways of pulling it out. Putting a piece of floss between the 2 holes of the BIOS socket prior to booting. <ie remove the chip, place the floss in and put the chip in>. That way you can tug either end to pop the chip out without much hassle.

Or you can use an IC extracter to remove it. Either way works.

Last edited:
I knew of the hot-flash method and figured it would be risky. I didn't want to take a chance shorting anything out. But if that's the only way, I think I will try it. Thanks for the tip using dental floss. I wouldn't have thought about that. I have an IC extractor that came with bios saviour but it sucks, or maybe it's just me but it won't grip the chip worth a crap. But thanks for the reply, I'll give it a shot tonight if I have time.

Back