• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows starts to load then quits

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daewood

it gets to the part where there is the little bar going across the screen then locks up and comes up with a blue screen that says this:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is hte first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart you computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0XF7C4563C, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

please help me with this fast as i have no idea what is going wrong... :bang head:

booted computer did anivirus scan and spyware scans (adaware and spybot) removed virus and spyware then did a quick reboot got into windows and then the internet did not work so i did a reinstall of the network rebooted router and modem the resart computer... still did not work then i decided to run a windows repair install and that finished then that started happening...

edit: did not change any hardware at all nor any settings in bios

k i tried to boot into safe mode and it hangs on trying to load the file d347bus.sys what is this and could it be corupted?

Daewood said:
k i tried to boot into safe mode and it hangs on trying to load the file d347bus.sys what is this and could it be corupted?
You are gonna have to go into the recovery console and fix the corrupted file. Most likely the spyware remover destroyed a DLL that was crucial for windows operation

Once you are in the recovery console run:

chkdsk /p

You can get to the recovery console by booting the PC with the WinXP disc

Back