• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keyboard and Mouse won't work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

My setup is in my sig, I'm using a wired ps/2 keyboard, and 2 wireless mice (both USB native).
The keyboard works fine in the BIOS, and I can hit f6 to select boot in safe mode.

But as soon as windows login screen comes up my keyboard and mouse refuse to work. I've tried resetting the CMOS and going back to stock speeds, I've tried using a USB-Ps/2 adapter for both mice, I've tried changing around the USB ports the mice are in, both hot and when shutdown.

Does anyone have any other ideas? It works fine in the BIOS and respends during bootup to f6 and then lets me select what I want.

The only thing I changed prior to this was I set my RAM to DDR333 to do some tests (instead of DDR400), and when I rebooted I got the above problem, I've tried resetting CMOS, and going back to DDR400 and back again to DDR333, put settings back to what they were when all was well and still the same problem....I'm dumbfounded.

I had 10gb HDD in a secondary computer with an OS...I opulled it and plugged it in and the keyboard and mouse work fine...only thing that changed was the OS?

Hmmm...see if you can change your KB/mouse support to be through BIOS instead of OS...I can't think of anything else right off the bat...it used to happen to me, but that was with a USB KB/mouse.

Have you tried booting into safe mode, removing all drivers for your keyboard & mouse (mice?? :rolleyes: ) then rebooting, letting windows redetect them, then reloading the drivers and rebooting one last time?

There have been times when I've solved problems with plug in devices (mice joysticks) by following that method.

DWolf:cool:

Back