• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help please...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

losiguy22

Registered
Well....my one day old 6800GT ****ing FRIED. Yes thats right folks....1 day old....stock cooling stock clocks....

I had it on before i left for school, came back and it was off. I tried turning the comptuer on....everything went on but the moniter just flashed a green lightand there was a solid red light ontop of my case letting me know something was wrong, i tried re-jumping the CMOS. NOTHING. The fan on the card is still spinning....so i was like WTF?

Then i tried that card in this POS that im on....and it just had a beep sound and wouldnt boot. So i know its the card.

But then something fishy happened....I tried a old geforce mx200 in my new computer....and it has the same problem the 6800gt does. But i think the mx200 might be dead since its been thrown around alot, sitting on a desk.

But if thats not it....what else could be ****ing wrong? I have watercooling but i checked right away for moisture and i didnt find any anywhere....i even put a huge fan up to it for several hours and still nothing....im hoping its just those 2 cards...

I dont think the mobo would be fried or got wet because then it wouldnt boot at all ya know?

Any ideas? :temper: :temper: :temper:

/should be in VGA section

did you have the extra power wires connected right?

Are you sure nothing was blocking the fan by the time you left? If it stopped spinning somehow, the card could have overheated, thereby damaging itself.

Try that older video card in your backup rig and see if it works there. If the card still doesn't work in there then you know that BOTH cards are possibly fubared. Maybe try and borrow a friends video card and try and see if that works.

Yes, and Yes.

Anything else? Im hoping its just the gfx card, evga is gonna replace it....but its costing me 20$ for just shipping.

i had the same problem it ended up being my agp slot got fuxored up and abit sent me first a new video card then ended up sending me new mobo

losiguy22 said:
Yes, and Yes.

Anything else? Im hoping its just the gfx card, evga is gonna replace it....but its costing me 20$ for just shipping.

Just make sure it is the VGA, not the motherboard or ram before you ship it. As gvblake said, try to swap out some parts to eliminate the dead component.

Last edited:
probably not the vga..

its more likely the mobo as then have a tendancy to fail first, you might want to lend the card to somone first and see if it works for them

K.....i KNOW its the card, because i tried the card on THIS computer as i said before and it DIDNT work. So i know its that card...

Back