• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games hiccup/skip... Confused as to why.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

canadianpsycho

Rig:

FX 53 (using 12.5 multi for 2.5 GHz)
1 Gig OCZ Plat Rev. 2
Neo 2 Plat 1.51B BIOS
BFG 6800 GT OC @ 425/1.12 using 71.20s
74 GB Raptor
Audigy 2 ZS
200 GB Seagate SATA
Powerstream 520W PSU

Haven't OC'ed the rig a lot, or done a lot of tweaks for the mobo.

What I am finding is that all my 3d games will skip/lock up for a second or two, then go on their merry way...

Examples:

-When I join a CS: Source game, about 5-10 seconds in, I lock up for 2-5 seconds, then everything is fine.
-In Unreal 2, at the very beginning, when the ship is landing on the planet surface, I get a minor hiccup for a sec while the screen pans. Also got it when loading a savegame and speaking to 1st dude for initial mission
-MoH Pacific Assault, as it zooms in to the grunts on the boat at the beginning, another minor hiccup.
-CS:S Stress test: I will either lock up for a sec as the camera takes its initial dive/turn, or inbetween the gordon stin glass pic and the transparent character model with fire behind him (the tunnel between the two)

I'm finding this rig to be a bit choppier in games then my previous 2.8 running 3.4... Can I expect some of this to disappear when I lower the multi and up the FSB?

Any help is appreciated, thanks

I have the same problem on my computer. Its not overclocked at all, but It is quite a bit slower than yours, anyways......

Back