• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard Failure?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enyo

just rebuilt my secondy machine, and its having a few problems.

at first it would't post at all and gave long bios beeps, handly this motherboard has chaintechs digi doc so i knew it was the ram port .. changed the port and now it posts occasionaly, but the video randomly doesn't work, (though both my tyan tachions do this >_>)

the main problem is that when the computer DOES post, the video is sometimes garbled and it completly freezes randomly. with no explaination. vid stays on nothing turns off it just freezes and keyboard led's turn off. this happens randomly but it never gets far enough to boot, (furstest its got is verifly dmi pool)

anyone got any idea what could cause this?

full specs are

Lian li pc-60 case
tyan tachion 9600 pro
2 x 256mb sticks of crucial ram
chaintech zenith 7njs ultra
amd 2600+, 400w jeantech psu

I would try two things, first, get another video card and put it in. If it works, then its the video. Try other ram, could be a ram failure. Was the bios flashed recently?

worked it out.. after a large fight i managed to get another cpu out of a shuttle.. looks like the cpu was being shorted or the cores crushed.

don't blame it really i was the victim of my rather overpowered water chiller..

Back