• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Burning Audio CDs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

99'erForever

Before I start I DO own the original cd and am only trying to make a copy to play in my car.

I am trying make a copy of an audio cd which has that protection that adds a bunch of noise to the copy. After I made the copy (using Nero) I discovered the copy protection which was the noise. I put the orginal back in and it still made noise when I played it! I ended up restarting the computer to get rid of this. Is there a way to make a copy so I can play it in my car and not have to drag the orginal along.

First, you could try holding down shift or turning off autoplay when you insert the CD. If it's installing something using autorun (which it sounds like from your description), that will take care of that problem.

Out of curiosity, what CD is it?

What is weird is that it doesn't autoplay. It is disc two of Lacuna Coil's Comalies and is published by Century Media. Do I have to rip these to mp3 to copy them and if so how do I get rid of the noise?

did you try putting the copy in your car or other stand-alone cd player? If it installed something on the computer the noise may be generated by that and not actually on the disc.

I put the copy in my stereo and I heard the noise so it must be that copy protection.

Back