• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

logitech MX510

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juliendogg

Ive been using this mouse for quite some time. I got it to replace my worn 5 button intellimouse. I really miss the intellimouse for the software wich would let you map the buttons to key strokes on an application specific basis. So i could start up RVS and have the left button be crouch, and the right button be weapon bank 5, or whatever. Then when i exit the game it goes back to forward/back for button 4 and 5.

Does anyone know of any software for logitech that will let you do application specific button assignements ??? I would allmost go back to my intellimouse for just that one feature, although the mx510 is a much better mouse all-around.

J.

Yea...the software that comes with the 510...I have no issues remapping the buttons with the software on the CD...you might have to update the drivers from the site...but I have a location to add program mapping to 1 button...

I'm not sure but I think he means software that will change the buttons automatically when you get in game and when you leave the game. The logitech software doesn't do this... and I would also like to know if there was such software

yep, there is software for it. Its not SPECIFICALLY for the mx510, it works for all mouseware software, but it will recognize your 510 and you can change buttons for games or something. I havent really tried it but I downloaded it, and it sounds cool. Make sure you have the latest mouseware version before installing it (9.80 is the latest). Here it is:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?S...s/software&CRID=1792&countryid=2&languageid=1

Piazza0028 said:
I'm not sure but I think he means software that will change the buttons automatically when you get in game and when you leave the game. The logitech software doesn't do this... and I would also like to know if there was such software

Thanks for the interpret :)

That's what I was thinking. I just set my controls in game...... why would you need to use the software with the mouse to do this? I have a 510 and have no problem just changing the configuration in game and it comes back every time.

alot of games don't support mapping to extra buttons in their controls setup. so if you can map a button to a specific keystroke it can be very handy. But it's a pain to change them every time you play a different game or are just web surfing. So it's nice to have software that will map the buttons when a certain exe is started, and remove the mappings when the exe closes. I forgot about this thread completely :S. Thanks for the tip Achilles17 i am downloading that software now.

J.

Back