• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Odd questions.. I think.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
Sometime within the next 2-3years i would like to rent some office space by a high school here, put a few arcade games in it and have a room or two with 8 computers in each of them "top of the line of course" , with new games come kids and come and play. I will have the internet sop they can not only play agiant each other, but also play on the internet agiant other people. how can I keep them from doing stuffon the net they shouldnt be ? is there a way i can make a screen which has a list of games that they can play, and not allow them to the desktop ?

Windows XP is highly configurable. On a server level you can assign access rights in just about any way imaginable. This would be translated to the generic logins you would have assigned to the workstations.

There's also the use of a proxy to block which sites they can access, or even better in your case -- just allow them access to a few and block the rest.

In 2-3 years this will probably all change as we'll be fed internet through cranial implants... :p

Back