• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have I reached my top oc? I want more

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaydog

I can get to 3.6 totaly prime stable. 240fsb
If I bump it up to 245fsb I fail prime in about a hour.

Last night I decided to do the droop mod. I was pumped thinking how much better my comp will be.

my vcore before fluctuated between 1.504 idle - 1.376 load
now it holds at 1.5 idle - 1.45 load

This didn't really help my oc that much.

I run my ram at 5:4 ratio. Before I couldn't even boot at 250fsb now when I try I get this wierd msgbox poping up when I sign into windows saying. "A problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license for this computer" If I drop down the fsb the msg doesn't apear.

My pci/agp is locked.
My ram is underclocked(boy it hurts to say that word)

I am losing my mind trying to get this this past 250fsb.

My power supply is and enermax 350w
12v -26A
5v - 32A
3v - 32A

the 12v rail fluctuates between 12.099 - 12.281
the 5v rail fluctuates between 5.134 - 5.16
the 3v rail fluctuates between 3.376 - 3.392

I am losing my mind trying to get this this past 250fsb. I dont know if I can increase the vcore anymore because it hits 1.5 and this is supposed to be the max. I plan on putting hs's on the mossfets this weekend.

Is my vore still drooping to much?
Any help would be appreciated.

[EDIT]My temps are not a problem[/EDIT]

Last edited:
I hope you realize your 3.3v rail and all rails for that matter are supposed to stay within 10%. Your 3.3v rail is out of spec, thus I blame your PSU

holy crap. I never even noticed that. I just went into asus probe and saw it even spiked to 3.408. Thats bad. I actually hope it's my power supply because I would hate to be topped out. Do you think it because I'm running too much on 350 watt p/s?

Sentential said:
I hope you realize your 3.3v rail and all rails for that matter are supposed to stay within 10%. Your 3.3v rail is out of spec, thus I blame your PSU

Actually, the rule of thumb is 5%, so his 3.3v flux is even more alarming. But I agree that the power supply is at fault here. Time to start shopping around for a replacement.

deception``

Im an IDIOT. the 3v rail wasn't 3.76 - 3.92.
It is 3.376 - 3.392

Sorry, do you guys have any other ideas.

jaydog said:
Im an IDIOT. the 3v rail wasn't 3.76 - 3.92.
It is 3.376 - 3.392

Sorry, do you guys have any other ideas.

Sounds much better. I don't think the unit is dying, but you will definitely get a better clock with something stronger. In the meantime, try to see what you can do with your existing 350W. Tell me, how are your temps?

deception``

deception`` said:
Tell me, how are your temps?QUOTE]

My temps are idle 36C max load 50C. It sucks because yesterday before I did the droop mod my idle was 32 and max load was 42C. I don't know what happened but these temps suck(although they are nothing top worry about) I cleaned and reset my water block 3 times last night and this was the best I got.

I am curius why I would get a better clock with a beefier unit if my rails are ok. Don't get me wrong, I hope I will, and I do want a better powersupply, but I just don't understand why.

The PSU seems ok. Looks like you are near the limit. Probably needs more vcore to go higher, but idle is already 1.5v. I would be happy with 3.6 gig if I were you.

Ya my fastest stable is 3.6. It's not the processor thats bothers me. It that my ram is not even running at is stock speed, and that hurts.

another case where someone is in dire need of some ocz gold ram.and it just so happens you have the best available mobo for ocz gold ram.you will be needing a better psu to get a higher overclock, preferably 480w+ at least.my psu is only just powerful enough to run my rig (see sig.) and do you even realise that your gfx card is seriously holding you back?

Back