• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Intellimouse explorer 4.0 sucks.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snyper1982

Ok, here is my problem. I have had it for a while now, and it now it has started acting strange. It WILL NOT scroll verticaly on a reboot, or power on. If I am already in windows, then unplug it and plug it back in, it works like a champ. This leads me to believe it is a driver not loading or something, but i have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, different versions etc. Anyone else with this mouse experience these issues? It is annoying as hell. I am about to go ahead and order a mx510, screw this mouse.

Go ahead and order the MX510...just got one myself last month to replace my IME 4...you will be saying/thinking...M$ what after using it ;)...

And are you using it on the motherboards USB port or pci USB card or USB riser card?

Have you tried the newest intellipoint software? I have a MS bluetooth intellipoint and its great.

I have tried new software, old software, motherboards USB slots(dont have any others hooked up), I even tried it with the USB>PS2 converter, same thing. I dont know whats wrong with it, because it was working perfectly. I am quite sure a reinstall of windows could fix it, but I am not going through the trouble just to fix my mouse. Regardless i placed an order for the mx510 last night. From my experience it is a better mouse anyways.

Back