• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SilverStone Nitrogon HS (WOW!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jcw122

http://www.overclockers.com/articles1180/

pretty interesting HS...i think the idea is pretty good...but MABE different fan sizes (bigger? but mabe that'd be too heavy)...i LOVE that its copper...which means cooler temps. The other hting i dont like is OBVIOUSLY the base...it would need to be lapped i guess, and from the temps the dude already got...minus w/e from the lapping...it would be pretty cool i suppose. AHH hold on...what about the system he uses? a P4 1500? does that mean 1500mhz? (im not Intel smart)....anyway...Joe didnt give much info on the system...so those temps dont prove much to me...what you guys think?!

PS. with the orientation of the HS...having the big radiator (w/e u wanna call it) thing up-wards....u COULD cut a hole in the top of ur case...so it would flow rrriiight out...thad be pretty neat.

Looks similar to SI-97, i like the older design, the heatpipes cant handle all the heat IMO, need the fins right on the base

-CaT

the idea with the tophole is interesting. Of course you couldn't make a hole into the case, because the PSU is in the way. But pushing the air from the heatsink into the PSU and out of the case is a nice idea.
What I'd like would be this design with 1 92mm or maybe 2x80mm fans .. this could be modded with a duct, pushing fresh air over the fins and through the PSU.

In this test I didn't get why 0.18 C/W is a bad value. Isn't this almost as good as (bad to average) watercooling?

It would be nice if you could adjust it to fit your VGA. That way you could have the fans blow hot air out the side of your case (through a vent hole or something)

Lifthanger said:
the idea with the tophole is interesting. Of course you couldn't make a hole into the case, because the PSU is in the way. But pushing the air from the heatsink into the PSU and out of the case is a nice idea.
What I'd like would be this design with 1 92mm or maybe 2x80mm fans .. this could be modded with a duct, pushing fresh air over the fins and through the PSU.

In this test I didn't get why 0.18 C/W is a bad value. Isn't this almost as good as (bad to average) watercooling?

The C/W values cannot be compared directly, because of large differences in test setups.

The heatpipe cooler was probably designed to match their TJ-06 case, in which it works nicely with the plastic CPU duct at the bottom.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-tj06.htm

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article203-page1.html

I've seen that case and heatsink tested as a unit, and the results are somewhat impressive. The heatsink's design is indeed compromised due to the constraints of the intended application.

It would be nice to see someone make a general purpose heatsink of similiar design, though. I'm thinking of a more massive base with 4 heatpipes and a pad that accomodates two 80mm fans. I have some very high quality low speed Mechatronics 80mm fans that I'm dying to try in such an application (the Coolermast Hyper6 being another way to implement such a device).

Back