• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

live online broadcasting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avg

So here is my question at my church we are looking for a program that will allow us to broadcast the sermon live. I really have no idea how to do this how to do this, so please any comments and opinions are welcome?

tia

Yeah but whatelse would I have to do in order to get it to send the video?

the local radio station that i did sports broadcast work for used something called live365.com. it worked quite well. not only did we broadcast over the radio, but people could tune in from anywhere in the world (we'd have upwards for 20-30 peeps listenin' from out of state each night on the net).

well if you have the bandwidth, you can run microsoft encoder 9 (There might be a 10, i'm not sure). Then you just have people open up windows media player, type in the ip, and it should start streaming.

I'll check into that microsoft encoder thing, and how much bandwidth would you thing I would need for this, the connection at the church we go to is fast but I don't think its fast enough.

I think you'll need to calculate bandwidth based on the stream's bandwidth and multiply that by number of users.

Being a sermon, this can be done audio-only, and since it's spoken-work probably streamed at 8k-12kb/sec with fair quality. (Yes it will be rather tinny/watery, definitely not CD quality...) So then the number of concurrent conntections would depend on your line upload.

If they have a full T1, then upping audio quality to 20k-30k+ might be beneficial, as you can have about 180 connections at 8k@T1.

So choose your compression based on how many people you plan on listening in and your connection speed -- you can strike the balance.

I don't think that many people will be listening, since it's in portuguese and mostly meant for people that are not able to attend church because of sickness or something, I forgot to ask if they were going to do video or audio, but I think video is out of the question so I'll go with audio.

Back