• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

School....Jobs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

El-Scotto

yup another one of these threads....

Im pretty torn between computer science and computer engineering. I know comp sci jobs are all getting outsourced and its hard to find a decent job, but i dont know much about computer engineering jobs. Also I think I have read networking and security is going to be a big thing soon sadly that doesnt interest me too much....can anyone offer and advice?

El-Scotto said:
yup another one of these threads....

Im pretty torn between computer science and computer engineering. I know comp sci jobs are all getting outsourced and its hard to find a decent job, but i dont know much about computer engineering jobs. Also I think I have read networking and security is going to be a big thing soon sadly that doesnt interest me too much....can anyone offer and advice?

How well do you handle certain things?

Thats right where I was not too long ago, looking at programmer or engineer....

Can you sit and program for hours and not get tired/bored? Or are you like me and enjoy making and blowing stuff up, better? :beer:

I know VB, HTML, and im starting on c++ and c# right now, programming (as im only 16) but.. when im coding i just cant stand sitting still for 4+ hours at a time...... guess thats what my gf is here for ;)

Are you good in chemistry class/physics/math?

i know a lot of c++ and have taken some basic engineering classes ( i guess basic EE classes) and have found them both to be fun for me, im a hard worker and im sure they wont be to tough for me....i dont really know how the job market is for comp engineers...is it any better than computer science majors options would be?

whatever one you choose put all you have into it. Work at it 24/7, that is your job security. If your the best of the best no need to worry about someone taking your job. Wish ya the best of luck with whatever field. Personally I would get an MCSE certification and make some $$$$$$$$. Like I am talking some big time bills.

Back