• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

That old G5 destruction thread?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hey all

Does anyone on here remember that thread / come / story about that guy who had a G5 given to him by his parents, and he completely gutted it and threw away the insides just so he could use/mod the case ??

Can anyone point me to that thread? or story??

I would like to show it to a mac loving friend of mine on irc :)

Cheers in advance.

Last edited:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=266451&highlight=read+artical
there you go thers a link to the artical in the thread post one. im no mackster but i cant bare to watch.

edit :
"I have been feeling a little guilty about causing so many people out there to have nightmares, depression and sickness from my little joke. The reaction of people word wide has blown me away. I never intended for such a thing to happen.

My in box went from 1% to 100% in 2 days (1300 messages). So many people were pointing out what a stupid thing to do, so many people were telling me of feeling sick, some even said they cried. I felt bad for those people. It was amusing to read things like "I should be hung by my testicles and lit on fire" or the constant reference to "Taking a Porsche and replacing the engine with a KIAs". Most people cried out in horror and carefully pointed out the error of doing such a silly thing.

I am sure you are wondering why this all took place.

Are the pictures real? Yes.
Is it my own G5 case that has been cut and hacked? Yes.
Did I give away two G5 2GHz processors (IBM PC 970)? No!
So what happened?

I got a free G5 shell from a buddy of mine and pulled a prank on a Mac loving friend. He got so upset. I wrote up a little story, my imagination and warped sense of humor kicked in. I sent it to OC.com just to see the reaction. I honestly didn't think it was going to be posted. I cannot believe how fast or how far it has spread on the internet. There are an amazing number of people who are emotionally attached to inanimate objects such as computers. Mac fans seem to be much worse that I ever expected. The G5 is amazing, I would never dream of really doing that ;)

Andy - G5 Killer"
it was joke lol dam i am so gulible

Back