• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best K7D Master Heatsink that WILL fit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Excelsior

KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!!
So I saw the Heatsink thread regaurding k7d master, and I didn't want to post since this is a bit off topic, but what's THE best that will fit?

I wanted 2x slk900Us with 2x 92 MM tornados, but those won't fit. I made a thread in cooling, but they all suggested Slk900Us even though I stated that I needed to know the best that would fit with the k7d master :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I need to know, THE best heatsink, price, size, and loudness be damned. Yes, it has to be AIR, I mucked around enough with watercooling, I won't be setting that up for this rig just yet. Ideally I want a NICE heatsink with 2x 92MM Screamers on there :cool:

Let me know, Thanks

Excelsior said:
With 92MM Fans? Do they take 92MM? Any idea of where-in-the-heck I can buy an SLK-800?

Also, I'm the one in current posession of your board :D It got traded down to me.

slk800s will take 80mm fans ,

92mm fans will only work if you use them diagonally ,

Jen

Excelsior said:
Do they take 92MM?
Negative.

SLK900A also fits (not the 900U) - but only if you use 80mm fans.
ALX-800 probably fits since its more or less the same size as slk-800A.

I have 80mm fans on my k7d and they are touching each other so I would say 92mm fans in the standard orientation would be impossible. I remember someone managed it by rotating both fans by 45 degrees - but then you have to figure out how to attach them to the heatsink.

(Feel free to guinea pig the Si-97 and let me know)

Back