• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will these parts play well together?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tomcat-

I'm asking a compatability/reasonability question. If I were to buy all of the parts listed at

http://gdshadow.net/comp.txt

Would I have any problems short/long term? Would it even boot? And are the prices reasonable? I got them all from newegg.com, but I'd be willing to buy from other places too. Just making sure before I shell out 1.2k for this stuff.

Hi, welcome to the forums :D. I cant comment on prices (in the UK here) but those parts should work well.

Two suggestions:

A 350W PSU isnt ideal. Get a good branded 400 or 450W if possible to allow for expansion later. It would be a good $50/$60 well spent.

The Winchester 3000+ and 3500+ are probably the best Athlon64s for overclocking just now, the 90nm ones. I see you have a 3400+ newcastle listed there.

Yeah the 90nm winchesters do seem to be doing better now. If you're sticking with s754 you should try to swing a clawhammer core. The extra cache is good for a bit of a boost.

Instead of 230 for a 9800 pro, pick up either a 6600gt for a little less, or a plain 6800 for a little more.

Michael

What has been said before... stronger PSU, clawhammer. If you're planning on OC'ing, make sure you have some decent cooling first.

Back