• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

random reboots GRRR help me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

threeme2189

Drowning my sorrow and misery in apple juice
the pc thats having the reboots isnt the one in my sig
im on a p4 1800 Mhz with ugghh 512 mb 133 SDRam. (need any more specs?)
im expierencing random reboots when i run ummm certain programs... :rolleyes: and its really frustrating... :bang head
the only reason i think could be causing this is a minor undervolted cpu (its at 1.69-1.7 most of the time) and im pretty sure its supposed to be at 1.75 am i correct?
ned to know anything else?
please help me! its really annoying...

threeme2189 said:
the pc thats having the reboots isnt the one in my sig
im on a p4 1800 Mhz with ugghh 512 mb 133 SDRam. (need any more specs?)
im expierencing random reboots when i run ummm certain programs... :rolleyes: and its really frustrating... :bang head
the only reason i think could be causing this is a minor undervolted cpu (its at 1.69-1.7 most of the time) and im pretty sure its supposed to be at 1.75 am i correct?
ned to know anything else?
please help me! its really annoying...
Slow down for a sec.:D What programs? And no your CPU isnt undervolted since it is a tbred. Tbreds are normally at 1.65v. Your motherboard probly is overvolting it.

Most of all what powersupply? It could be going bad and be the cause of the problme.

<Subscribed>

ok 1st the programs that cause the reboots are Emule and Shareaza (its like emule)
and 2nd sentential, i clearly said in the first post that the pc thats having the reboots ISNT the one in my sig...its a pentium 4 1800 please read the posts next time...
the psu is a Hec umm ART? 300 watts i think and its voltages are rock solid except the cpu core and one more (cant remember which one).
can anyone tell me the stock voltage that a 1800 p4 cpu (133 fsb) is supposed to get?

Back