• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much would you pay for an LCD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicecca112

My friend's notebook died and we are selling the working parts. How much would you pay for the working LCD assembly?

Nothing, I wouldn't even take one for free. CRT's just look so much better & cost less IMO.......But this doesn't really help, so on with someone else.

LCD Panels usually sell for around $50-150 on Ebay, depending on various issues, (size, quality, which laptop the panel works in, etc). Keep in mind that you can't run LCD Panels from notebooks on a regular PC without a controller card and these are usually quite expensive, more than the panel itself.

^^^ that they are - upwards of $200 for a very basic model controller card - then you need to house it somehow or it looks messy - i took apart an old IBM and thought yeah i will just use the lcd an a computer - cant be that hard to do - well yeah not hard but expensive as heck - your better of just buying a LCD for a pc in the first place.

Back