• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dremels....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

geestring

I just got a dremel kit with attachments, i thought it would have everything i would need to cut.... but for the "shank" that goes into the collet, the collet nut wont allow the special shank to go through it.. Do i need to buy another nut to allow for cutting?

Hmmm, I bought a "no-name" dremel, it came with two sizes of collets, 1/8" and 3/32", are you sure you don't have another collet floating in your kit? Have a good look. :)

no, i dont think its the actual collet size, the attachment that lets you put a cutter on top fits in the collet that came with the dremel, but it is the collet nut, which keeps the thing in place that wont fit.

well the cutter wheel, screws onto a littl rod, the collet nut doesnt have a big enough hole on the end to fit the little rod through

I would take it back or contact the manufacturer. I have the same thing kind of cutter wheel and rod with my dremel and it fits just fine. In fact the hole in the collet nut is far bigger than the hole in the collet.
Your dremel was probably mis-packed with a nut from some other kit or attachment, it happens. Being a good company, I am sure Dremel will want to make you happy.

The way my dremel works, is I put the rod through the top of the collet, the top of the rod won't fit all the way through. I then screw the collet down with the rod inserted. Tightens up and works fine. Perhaps you just don't know how you're supposed to secure it? I messed with it for a few minutes before I figured it out the first time (never did look at the manual though).

yea the manual sucks, I'm putting the collet in,then the rod, then the collet nut. So i guess you have to put the collet in, then the collet nut, then the rod. manual didnt say it like that

Back