• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need that goop to hold stuff together in PSUs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foxie3a

Normal Member
General or power supply section.... I picked this one, agree?

You know that green goop that they put on stuff in the PSU? They put it on the pots to keep them from moving over time, but if you apply real pressure the goop will crack off and you can move it again. It's neat stuff and I need some now.

What is it called, and who makes it? Anything that I should know about it?

Thanks. :)

Does it crack and come off under pressure like the other one does?

Foxie3a said:
Does it crack and come off under pressure like the other one does?
C'mon... You should know the properties of hot glue ;) It doesn't crack (it's flexable), but does "peel" off/come off under pressure.

Really? I thought it was freezing to the touch...

How easy is it to take it off? I don't really play with hot glue on a regular basis, and I don't even think my mom has a hot glue gun, I know I don't.

So does anyone even know what the stuff is called or where I can find it?

You can buy a hot glue gun at the dollar store or walmart for a few dollars. I use it all the time to hold little wires.

Tamper evident sealant

C196524-02.jpg

Or tamperproof lacquer. It's so that when you mess with pots inside the PSU and blow it up, they go "ha ha, no RMA for you".

L337 M33P said:
Tamper evident sealant

C196524-02.jpg

Or tamperproof lacquer. It's so that when you mess with pots inside the PSU and blow it up, they go "ha ha, no RMA for you".

Or nail varnish will do pretty much the same job, for less money

But it's a PCP&P, sleeved and even has a panaflo fan in it instead of the stock one.... I think it deserves the real goop, not fake stuff. So what's it called? I remember seeing it before, but I did'nt care.

Back