• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clock battery going dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Depening on what type of clock it is. Digital clocks just go dead. The clocks with the hour/minutes and seconds hand sweepers are a little odd.

Once the battery starts to weaken the seconds hand will either get stuck and it'll look like it wants to move forward, or the time will either advance a few minutes or slow down.

Nebulous said:
Ahhh, the cmos battery. It's going dead when the bios doesn't save your settings. ;)
And when the clock keeps reseting itself. My advice is to just go ahead and change it out now if its on its way out. Beisdes the batters are dirt cheap. Just go buy radio shack and pick up a set

Are they all the same size? I am checking this out for a friend. When they power the system down, the computer continues to beep after the system has shut down. The clock does not stay on the correct time.

DuckDodgers said:
Are they all the same size? I am checking this out for a friend. When they power the system down, the computer continues to beep after the system has shut down. The clock does not stay on the correct time.
Yes all mobo batteries *should* be the same size. I belive the proper batter is CR120? Dont take my word for it tho. Check the physical battery.

Sentential said:
Yes all mobo batteries *should* be the same size. I belive the proper batter is CR120? Dont take my word for it tho. Check the physical battery.

They go by different thicknesses

CR2025 is thin
CR2032 is the universal size which is a tad thicker

*edit* Forgot to mention the voltage is 3V

:)

Back