• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post help please!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dougan

Ive got a serious issue. This just started happening. Ive got an old p2 366 im messing with and I am trying to add a 40 gb hardrive, but to do this I need to flash the bios. Anyways now whenever I try to boot it detects secondary drive for ever ( but there is no secondary master at all) Then gives me a secondary master failure. Previous cpu setting incorrect cmos cpu speed adjusted. It does this everytime I reboot. Any ideas what is causing this. Thanks guys.

Could it be an issue with your CPU not being able to support large HDDs. I had heard that older CPus have problems with HDDs over 20GB or so. Probly wrong tho

That is probably true. Its starting to bug me. Anyone know why when I boot up f8 then choose command prompt it wont let me read a floppy? It says Type the command interpreter yada yada. Weird.

Hmmm, not sure about the F8 prompt, but back in the days of the p2 366, the maximum size hdd on those was like a 10Gb. Anything over that it won't detect it becasue it's incapable of it. Doesn't matter if you flash the bios.

I've got a P2 350 right here next to me and i tried installing a 12gb drive, no dice. i had to use a 10gb and bam, no problems.

A 40gb hdd?! dang, no wonder it won't see it.

updated the bios and bam found it from there was cake thank you all!

Back