• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Light Based Keyboard , Star Trek Style

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks nice, but I don't think its very practical. I mean, you can't feel where the keys are because its made of light. So when typing, you can't really feel around for keys, which could make you end up hitting 2 keys at once. This also means, in order to type, you'll have to look at your hands which will cost you time. If given enough time, you can probably get used to it, but i'm sure the time it takes to get used to it will be very long.

Other than that, its nice to see new technologies coming out.

yeah never thought of that. I type by feel, so that would stink for me. When I type on another keyboard, or mine is moved, I type so slow its sad.

I don't really think it's that useful for a regular PC, but it's definitely great for PDA's, cell phones, Tablet PC's and smaller notebooks with poor keyboards. After checking their website, they aren't really marketing it for desktop users, but the aforementioned mobile users.

Correct . This is by far superior to the built-in PDA 'keyboards' and far better than the fold away keyboards that some people walk with . I mean the projector is the size of a regular cigarette lighter . Plus with the bluetooth model you could connect to the device wirelessly . For some people , the lack of tactile response is always going to be an issue however .

Again while one can definitely agree with Ed that this would suck performancewise when compared to a desktop keyboard . For several people it would beat the keypads which are built into PDA's and almost definitely beat the ones on smartphones . The only competition would be the fold-away keyboards which are several times more bulky and are often still too small and cramped for proper typing while at the same time defeating the whole purpoose of a PDA or phone fitting in your pocket .

Back