• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you watch G4TechTV ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonwessel

I sometimes watch this channel. G4TechTV . It has a really cool show called The Screen Savers . The Screen Savers is a live tv show just about tech news and interesting tech stuff. The show is live and airs monday thru friday @ 7pm EST. If you get this channel, i suggest you check it out, and espcially check out The Screen Savers!

i know, i loved it too when Leo and the other guy was on. those guys seemed like they knew alot more about what they were talking about too. i wish they would come back and the main people now could just be side reporters!

G4 is dropping the TechTV moniker Feb 15th, thus completing the agonizingly slow death of a once proud network (ZDTV, circa 1998 : "infomercial/sterotypical geek/Unecessarilly Extreme host"-less)

I stopped watching after the G4 take over, its juts gone right to heck, and is too well I don't even know how to explain it, I just hate it now.

G4TechTV Canada on the other hand still has Leo with Call for help, although kind of a lame show for someone who knows a lot about computers, Leo is just fun to watch and his co-hosts actually know what they are doing, which is more than I can say for anyone left in the USA counter-part(ok Kevin R and Sarah are ok, but the rest :mad: )

Never missed a show when Leo and patrick were hosts. I miss quite a few now, seems more like a kiddy show now.

it's changed THAT MUCH!?!?!! OH NO!!!! what about the Y-box?

***edit***

no seriously.... haven't seen techtv in about 2 years.... has it really changed THAT much?

TollhouseFrank said:
it's changed THAT MUCH!?!?!! OH NO!!!! what about the Y-box?

***edit***

no seriously.... haven't seen techtv in about 2 years.... has it really changed THAT much?

You bet it has. They changed hosts like most people change undies. :D

I don't like the new G4TechTV channel, they had more interesting stuff on TechTV!!!! They need Leo and Patrick back for the Screen Savers. Then the 4 people who do the screen savers now can have their own new show! I also wish that they had a 1 hour program that was reviewing computer hardware and accessories and this show could come on once a week!

Dude seriously, at least give us back "call for help" cause i have a problem: win xp home accidently got installed twice on my hard drive (dont ask), so when i boot up, it asks which copy of win xp home i want to boot to? so it cuts my HD in half, cause i can't access the second copy of win xp home cause i didn't log into it in the first 30 days that it was there so it gives me some crap about u need to activiate or register, but it wont let me even log into it!!! Is there any way other than a reformat to get rid of the unwanted installed copy of win xp home ???????????? HELLLPPPP!!!!

I watched TechTV, TSS was ok, I personally did not like Leo, he reminds me of the kid in school who has read a lot and pretends to know everything, but when faced with a real problem he can't handle it.

most of Leo's advice I found to be simple, and hardly well researched.
I nevr saw the show after G4 took over, and really had no desire, I used to post quite frequently on the TechTV forums until G4 took them over and now I don't go there at all

so wait, what happens once G4 drops them? i loved it way b4 they switchd....the dark tips, more geek stuff rather nothing but games. TSS isnt too bad, ive seen MUCh better. i will say their tech support SUCKS. theyve hardly answered a tough question. they have llke technical ADD

I was in the audience for one of the episodes, Leo is a really witty and sharp guy in person.

I always liked the show, the few episodes I saw, I was glad at how knowledgable they were overall compared to 90% of computer websites out there.

Stared watching TechTV in 2002 but refuse to watch it now that Comcast owns the station.

I used to watch TSS though, loved Leo, he reminded me of my grandfather w/ his wits and goofy-*** humor. I hate Kevin though, "The Dork Tipper" as many call him. He thought he was a badass h4x0r because he could show everyone how to download Kazaa on cable television. :eek: The whole Dark Tips thing was a total gimmick.

Last edited:
yeah i like kevin rose alot, i think he actually knows what he's talking about, plus for some reason his bits are funny. i think they need to make him report along side his girlfriend sarah lane!

I thought the show was MUCH better when Leo & Pat were hosts. The only ones I like now are Kevin & the guy who does all of the mods...can't think of his name right now.

Now the show basically sucks, and sucks and sucks and sucks some more! The Sarah chick dresses like a floosie, I think they are trying to hard to make her look hot. I mean she is O.K. but you can really tell the producers are trying to "pimp her out." The show doesn't really talk about or show "interresting" things now. I saw the mini MAC spot but who cares? Mac schmac... :rolleyes:

I flip to the show everyonce in awhile to see if there is something worthwhile to watch (have my hopes up) but 90% of the time I am dissapointed.

Some suggestions for the show....
1. OC'ing
2. Cooling methods
3. Performance tweaks
4. New products on the horizon
5. More modding, PC, cooling, quiteing, etc
6. Current hardware/software issues with new products and how to fix them....Asus A8N bios release, NV SLI "game profiler" or lack there of, etc...
7. Stop making Sahra look like a hussie
8. Keep an on going benchmark graph of latest CPU, Vid cards, etc...

yeah it seems like the show is trying to be more like a talk show, cause it has "the feed" which is like the daily news, and then it has it's guest on. BTW for people that have been watching this show in the last 2 or 3 weeks, do you agree that the guests that have on are boring and stupid...with the exception of ONE time when they had on Jonathan Wendell who is the world's #1 professional gamer. I mean, they need to have more stuff about:
1.) Reviewing PC "gaming" parts such as Vid Cards, MoBos, CPUs, HDDs, and mouses
2.) Then sometimes do like performance enhancing windows tweaks
3.) Every once in a while take a camera and reporter to a professional gaming event!
Things/Segments I already like about the show...
1.) "The Feed" which is like a daily dose of tech and tech related news
2.) "Gems of the Web" and "Sarah's damn good downloads"
3.) Little hardware modding/hacking segments that Kevin Rose has!

IMO the writer or "director" of the show or whoever the hell is in charge of the segments and the time spent on certain stuff needs to have his job threatened, cause the guests they have on are non tech related, the show fails to keep up the nice and upbeat feeling the intro song and first 90 seconds does for ya, and for gods sakes, can they stop reviewing/talking about iPODs ???

Back