• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Congrats to dustybyrd, our newest senior member

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

larva

Inactive Moderator
In recognition of his consistantly courteous and helpful posting, dustybyrd has been promoted to senior member. His sincere desire to help is chief amongst the characteristics these forums strive to promote, this being a step in exactly that direction.

He's got just about the greatest first-hand experience with power supplies of anyone on any computer forums I've ever seen.... don't worry Larva, you're on an equal plane... :D

Very well deserved promotion, congratulations!

mtb856 said:
You know.... I don't think I've seen him before, what area is he typically helping in?

Total Posts: 2,467 (3.40 posts per day)

Well, he's been making 3.4 posts per day for almost 2 years solid. Most often in SMP and power supplies, and most of the other major areas too.

larva said:
Total Posts: 2,467 (3.40 posts per day)

Well, he's been making 3.4 posts per day for almost 2 years solid. Most often in SMP and power supplies, and most of the other major areas too.
Ah I was going to echo mtb as well. Ive never even hear of the guy before lol.

Congrats either way!

larva said:
Well, he's been making 3.4 posts per day for almost 2 years solid.

I agree! Great work and keep it up! Big congrats on becoming a Senior! :bday:

Although, please don't take this the wrong way, and Larva, please don't either, but I might disagree with the above comment. I do agree about making the posts and being at the forums for a long period of time and doing it consistently is good. I do however believe that being a Senior is much more than just making a bunch of good posts every day for 2 years. I believe a Senior should be one who sets an example. I think that is one thing that is why this forum is held together so well. If anyone has seen The Butterfly Effect you would know what I am talking about. If I went back in time and removed the stars from this forum, people would not distinguish seniors from normal members as well and the example they set may not be as great. The forums would be dramatically changed. I would bet that just those stars are one of the things making this forum what it is. This relates to my point because a Senior is not only one with the quality you listed, but one who sets an example, gets along well with the members and new members. Also if they are not one who just gives the info and that’s it. Sometimes the showing of absolutely no emotion at all can make a member not know if this person is being friendly/mean/angry etc.

That is what I believe makes a senior. It may not be true, but I believe it seems to be done that way, so Dusty has been making 3.4 posts a day for almost 2 years solid, but much more importantly, Dusty has and has had the qualities it takes (in my mind) to make a Senior. One who sets an outstanding example!

Here is one for Dusty and our Seniors! :beer:

@md0Cer said:
I agree! Great work and keep it up! Big congrats on becoming a Senior! :bday:

Although, please don't take this the wrong way, and Larva, please don't either, but I might disagree with the above comment. I do agree about making the posts and being at the forums for a long period of time and doing it consistently is good. I do however believe that being a Senior is much more than just making a bunch of good posts every day for 2 years. I believe a Senior should be one who sets an example. I think that is one thing that is why this forum is held together so well. If anyone has seen The Butterfly Effect you would know what I am talking about. If I went back in time and removed the stars from this forum, people would not distinguish seniors from normal members as well and the example they set may not be as great. The forums would be dramatically changed. I would bet that just those stars are one of the things making this forum what it is. This relates to my point because a Senior is not only one with the quality you listed, but one who sets an example, gets along well with the members and new members. Also if they are not one who just gives the info and that’s it. Sometimes the showing of absolutely no emotion at all can make a member not know if this person is being friendly/mean/angry etc.

That is what I believe makes a senior. It may not be true, but I believe it seems to be done that way, so Dusty has been making 3.4 posts a day for almost 2 years solid, but much more importantly, Dusty has and has had the qualities it takes (in my mind) to make a Senior. One who sets an outstanding example!

Here is one for Dusty and our Seniors! :beer:

You've missed my point entirely. I stated in my first post why dusty is a no-brainer for senior. The point about the posts was to point out that if you haven't seen some of dusty's excellent posts it's more a reflection on your personal experience than a reflection of his involvement. Post count gets a person nothing around here, but when a guy makes 3+ posts for 2 years in as many forum areas as dusty has, it's certainly no reflection on him if he is unkown to someone.

larva said:
Post count gets a person nothing around here
I would respectfully disagree with that. Post count is all we *really* have here to show level of experience <seriously no offense meant by this>

Sentential said:
I would respectfully disagree with that. Post count is all we *really* have here to show level of experience <seriously no offense meant by this>
And even if you wish to argue that it has no reflection on knowledge or experience, it's undeniable that it shows dedication. A person's gotta care if they can spend 3+ hours a day making contributions....that cannot be denied.

Sentential said:
You can disagree all you want, but that is the truth. Having been privy to a few more promotion deliberations than you, I can offer some insight concerning what matters and what doesn't. If a member does not have a helpful intent and isn't willing to expend effort to help, 14 million posts will make no difference. And just as well, if a member's goals are entirely consistant with the environment we strive to promote, he or she might be promoted with a far lower post count than you might imagine.

I'm not sure why this point is debate-worthy, the simple fact is that dusty is a great member, and has also given copiously of his time. So any way you slice it, he's senior material.

Back