• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SilenX Luxurae 400w Power Supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicecca112

This kind of quality does cost $240 for 400w, but for the discerning low noise enthusiast, the SilenX Luxurae power supply is a bargain.

I'm sorry but that is a ridiculous markup for a silent PSU. I rather by a cheap fortron.

In my opinion, it is a high quality PSU from the looks of it. Overpriced, yes, but all SilenX stuff is as far as I can tell. There's a surge lately of fanless PSUs, and there's bound to be more.

I especially like how the author used a DMM to measure voltages directly at the ATX connector instead of relying on Motherboard Monitor results.

Well done article. :thup:

s/well done article/good product placement/

I really want more reviews done by Joe Citarella (or someone who has his attention to detail)

Good article.
But as for me that PSU is overpriced. I have beQuiet PSU for a fraction of price of that and it's pretty quiet (I can't hear it at night), my friend has Fortron 400W, that is very quiet too, and costs less than beQuiet. Basically I'm against passive cooling - in my opinion it's a bad idea, as there are fans that make no difference from 1 meter when they are on or off (like these Arctic Cooling case fans). They don't push much air, but it's enough for, let's call it, semi-passive cooling. Airflow is much better than with passive, and noise similiar, or even the same at reasonable distance.

For me it would be better to drop price 2x and use as quiet fan as possible.

Ven0m said:
For me it would be better to drop price 2x and use as quiet fan as possible.

They already do, but it is still way overpriced, it is a fortron psu with a silent fan.. here
I could do the same thing for nearly half the price..

Last edited:
about the testing method, i would like if it it is done the same way as silentpcreview, techreport, or xbitlabs testing their psus...

if real world testing is done with a PSU, i would like the other components that make up the test to be the most taxing on the power supply...

these are the components:
# AthlonXP 2500+ with a SilenX SX-120C iXtrema 120mm cooler @ 5V (Stock speed, 1.65V, Overclocked 2.3GHz, 1.8V)
# ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
# 2x512MB Mushkin 222 V2 200MHz (Stock speed, 2.8V, Overclocked 210MHz, 2.8V)
# Radeon 9800 (Stock speed, 1.6V and 412MHz; Overclocked 1.7V/342MHz)
# Western Digital 1200JB 7200RPM HDD in a SmartDrive2002 enclosure
# Western Digital 400BB 7200RPM HDD (used in 4 of the 6 voltage readings)

if i was to run a watercooled P4E prescott on an 875 board would i expect similar results at stock and overclocked power draws?

Back