• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adjusting Virtual memorey in Windows XP Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ReTiCuLeX

Iam trying to adjust my virtual memorey correct... When I set it at 1280Minimum and 1280 maximum thats for 512mbs of ram 2.5x512 =1280. I put a cd in and it says Not enough free memorey to run the application 3mbs or more is needed.When I let windows adjust my memorey it works fine but im geting crashes out of games like after 30mins of playing I think it has to do with my ram actually im pretty sure its the virtual memorey thats doing that. In startup I have disabled all my stuff I got 3 thigns enabled. Thanks in advace.

ReTiCuLeX

ReTiCuLeX said:
Iam trying to adjust my virtual memorey correct... When I set it at 1280Minimum and 1280 maximum thats for 512mbs of ram 2.5x512 =1280. I put a cd in and it says Not enough free memorey to run the application 3mbs or more is needed.When I let windows adjust my memorey it works fine but im geting crashes out of games like after 30mins of playing I think it has to do with my ram actually im pretty sure its the virtual memorey thats doing that. In startup I have disabled all my stuff I got 3 thigns enabled. Thanks in advace.

ReTiCuLeX

Minimum on mine is 384, max 768. You should leave it alone. This is only for swap file information, not for windows usage. If you're running applications that use more memory than your 512, you might consider building a server.

The problem you describe is for another issue, possibly an application stealing your free memory. There are also memory defrag apps out there that can clean your RAM. I honestly don't know what's causing your error, but I'm cartain it's not the virtual memory settings.

It has to be virtual mem cause when I let windows adjust it , the application is able to run. When I configure it myself like @ 1280min and 1280 max it says some error.Well thanks for the help :)

Back