• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

performance problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syntax-

Heres my current setup:

P4 2.6 HT @ 2.9

eVGA 6800GT

Asus P4P800SE

1024mb Kingston Hyper X PC3200 Dual Channel DDR

80GB WD 7200rpm 8mb Cache HDD

Antec 430W Power Supply

I benchmarked about a month ago when I put this video card in and scored a 10482 on 3dmark03, and roughly a 5400 on 3dmark05 if I remember correctly.

About 1 week ago I formatted and a few days ago I benchmarked again and scored a 8000 in 03 and a 3100 in 05.

Today, I formatted, cleared cmos and reset everything in the bios, installed all current drivers and set page file correctly, and I benchmarked in 05 a few minutes ago and ive still got a 3100 score.

I have checked everything I know of that could possibly cause the problem and im out of ideas.

I checked the video card clock speeds and im running 351/1000, so thats not the issue. AA/AF/Vsync are off and image settings are at high performance.

Thanks

Did you have performance drivers, like the Omega drivers installed or something?

Got all the latest motherboard drivers installed?

Sure that a friend didn't come over and swap in a FX5900 without you knowing?

I was using the latest drivers on nvidias web site, which is what I am using right now.

Same goes for mainboard drivers.

Im starting to wonder...

Back