• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Camera Gurus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
looks decent for the price for entry level. Definately not a mid-range, though.
What are you going to be using it for? For things such as ebay it should be fine. You shoould be able to make prints to 5x7 and maybe decent 8x10's. I don't like the xd format, as it is way TOO small, imho :p . Also, I noticed it only has digital zoom. You may want to look for somting with optical zoom, as digital is useless. I'm not sure what you will find with oiptical in that price range, though.

I think you'll be disappointed with this camera's zoom function. According to the specs, the only zoom it has is a 2.5x digital zoom. Digital zoom lowers quality, especially on the lower end of the megapixel scale.

However, the price is quite nice if you have never had a digital camera before.

My advise if you want to take pictures of computers (like closeups of stepping codes or numbers on chips) make sure your camera has a macro setting. Mine doesn't and it really dissapoints me :(

I did own this camera once upon a time, it was a nice camera.. it takes some pretty good pictures but has very little in manual funtions. It's a great entry level camera because its point and shoot. I persoanly don'y think its worth the price. You can get a cannon of better quality for the same price. This is just my opinion i droped the camera and upgraded after a month

Slackfumasta said:
I like Canon digital cameras myself. Dell has good prices:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...y_id=5104&first=true&page=productlisting.aspx

Has 2.2x optical zoom and 3x digital zoom, LCD display, 3.2 MP. Not a bad starter.
I agree. I just got a Canon A95 and its built really well. Takes great pictures. Thats a great price for that camera.
I had an old HP forever that didnt have optical zoom and I'm love having it now. You would be disapointed with anything that doesnt have one.

gonna buy something these weekend. Haven't decided yet, still looking at all the choice you guys linked and mentioned

I got a Kodak 5.0 MP for christmas for $198 (with dock and 128mb card) It has both digital and optical zoom, I love the camera. It takes excellent high quality pictures, I'd reccomend it.

Kodak EasyShare DX4530

[edit]
I've had nothing but bad luck with fuji, especially the "finepix" series. I've used two and one of them the lens fell out, and the other it just stopped working on me. Shop around.

pcgamer4life said:
[edit]
I've had nothing but bad luck with fuji, especially the "finepix" series. I've used two and one of them the lens fell out, and the other it just stopped working on me. Shop around.

My rents have an older 2.0 mp fuji finepix series camera, and it was a decent camera for a starter, but it lacks quite a few features. I just recently bought the sony dsc-w1($300) and I absolutely LOVE IT.

Michael

I definately would not recomend ANY kodak cameras (except for maybe their slr, which is obviously well out of your price range). They tend to have pretty terrible image quality, i.e.- their 3MP are like most 2MP, 4MP like 3MP, ect.

well I ended up getting the Kodak Easyshare cx7430, 4.0MP 3.0X zoom, and it came with a free 128mb memory card

Back