• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rig slowdown after reload

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enablingwolf

Senior Member overclocking at t
Monday I received a new video card that was defective. After I took it back out reinstalled the usual card, then brought it back to the previous XP Home OS image I had stored for such an eventuality. My rig seems to have lost some of its oomph. Just in the CPU/RAM components.
I am using an AIW 9200 and thought I wanted a little more oomph for the games I play, and for graphics manipulation. Linux don‘t play well with ATI just yet also. So I decided on a XFX 5900. I first tore the rig apart for servicing the inside really good. Upon installation the card I found out it was defective. So I reinstalled the AIW 9200. Then reloaded the OS image I had stored. It was imaged earlier that morning. I use my motherboard HPA for imaging. I know my OS hasn’t freaked out or other software issues (that I can determine). All the disks read as high transfers as they should. I did have a cable issue that was easy to fix with a new one.
Now my RAM and CPU are not up to snuff. I did the return to stock speeds like I should of during all this (before the imaging that morning). Until I could determine the rig was stable for ramping the clocks up again. I ran memory tests on the RAM, no errors. Checked the seatings of all components and did all I thought I should of to obtain the performance from the CPU and RAM. No dice and I am out of ideas for trouble shooting this thing.
The motherboard is a GA-VM266. Coupled with a 2400+ b. The RAM is matching speeds of Samsung and a stick of Elixir to total 512. This rig has ran fine before this fiasco and I usually run the pcpitstop test before and after upgrades. Since I don’t put stock into scores for bragging rights. I do like to mark how well parts are running in “the whole”. I was about the top 102%. Now I am few points lower, and I felt the subtle performance difference. Why I benchmarked the rig after the “feeling of something wrong“. I am not trying to get high scores but to troubleshoot the rig back to normal performance levels.
I need to re-overclock this rig, and if it has an issue I won’t.
Ant ideas of troubleshooting. I am flat out of ideas.
Thank you for your time.

Back