• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Send virus???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EWBatOVAclockin

Alright, I know that might sound bad, but I want to play a prank on my friend because he said computer is better than mine. He bought a HP(enough said). I know this wont prove anything but is there some kind of way to send a virus. BTW I will take it off for him but just wanna play a prank on him. Thanks

PEACE

Why cant you show him how to overclock and prove that to him. Sending a virus to him would only prove disasterous since you might damage something important to HIM or his PARENTS and wind up costing alot of money.

Your computer does not or rather SHOULD not define you as an individual

ummm... it's illegal and you're playing with fire... and you will get burned!

hahahahah alright guys "chill out" I guess I won't do that. But since its so bad to that do you have any other suggestions. I'm not trying to prove any thing to him its a prank. Do you guys have a sense of humor(no offense)? But I'm trying to make the days funner with some pranks. Any help is welcomed. Thanks

PEACE

switch the little switch on his powersupply that changes the voltage from 110V to 220V or whatever it is. see if he can figure it out.

EWBatOVAclockin said:
hahahahah alright guys "chill out" I guess I won't do that. But since its so bad to that do you have any other suggestions. I'm not trying to prove any thing to him its a prank. Do you guys have a sense of humor(no offense)? But I'm trying to make the days funner with some pranks. Any help is welcomed. Thanks

PEACE
i understand you. (this just isnt the place to ask that kinda question though).
Run some benchmarks on your comp, get him to run the same ones, then see who's comp is better :D

Ha that would be great, I'll have to do that when I go over his house again. But I'm looking for something that I dont have to be there to do. Any ideas???

zip22 said:
switch the little switch on his powersupply that changes the voltage from 110V to 220V or whatever it is. see if he can figure it out.
that could actaully be more destructive than a virus...(ie. POP!, no more PSU and maybe some components...)

I didn't see that benchmark, that one sounds good. But hes pretty illiterate about computers so I dont think he would have any idea what to do. But, taking a pic of his desktop one would be HILIAROUS :clap: . I think I will try that one on him and see what he does. Thanks guys.

Ive got an idea for a harmless prank. What motherboard does he have? Take his mobo battery out and the clear CMOS jumper and his PC wont boot at all. Once you put it back in properly it will be fine.

Thats alot safer than a virus. Still why are you playing a prank on a friend to prove a point????:confused:

Here's something I did to a buddy to get back at him for pranking me. If you can get onto his computer without him knowing it, take a screenshot of the desktop. Move the mouse cursor off to one side so it's out of view then push the "screenprint" key. Paste this into Paint or other image program and save it as a .bmp file. Make this image his wallpaper. Now create a folder and copy all his desktop icons into the folder (so you can easily put the icons back on the desktop after the prank is over). Delete the icons off the desktop (but the wallpaper will make it look like the icons are still there). Click and drag the bottom task bar with the start button over to the right side so it's vertical. Go to "start" and "settings" and "taskbar and start menu" and hide the taskbar. Now you have a bare desktop with a image of his old desktop. He will click on the start button or icons and nothing will happen. It will drive him crazy.

batboy said:
Here's something I did to a buddy to get back at him for pranking me. If you can get onto his computer without him knowing it, take a screenshot of the desktop. Move the mouse cursor off to one side so it's out of view then push the "screenprint key. Paste this into Paint or other image program and save it as a .bmp file. Make this image his wallpaper. Now create a folder and copy all his desktop icons into the folder (so you can easily put the icons back on the desktop after the prank is over). Delete the icons off the desktop (but the wallpaper will make it look like the icons are still there). Click and drag the bottom task bar with the start button over to the right side so it's vertical. Go to "start" and "settings" and "taskbar and start menu" and hide the taskbar. Now you have a bare desktop with a image of his old desktop. He will click on the start button or icons and nothing will happen. It will drive him crazy.
LOL...thats a great one. Much better idea than a virus

batboy said:
Here's something I did to a buddy to get back at him for pranking me. If you can get onto his computer without him knowing it, take a screenshot of the desktop. Move the mouse cursor off to one side so it's out of view then push the "screenprint" key. Paste this into Paint or other image program and save it as a .bmp file. Make this image his wallpaper. Now create a folder and copy all his desktop icons into the folder (so you can easily put the icons back on the desktop after the prank is over). Delete the icons off the desktop (but the wallpaper will make it look like the icons are still there). Click and drag the bottom task bar with the start button over to the right side so it's vertical. Go to "start" and "settings" and "taskbar and start menu" and hide the taskbar. Now you have a bare desktop with a image of his old desktop. He will click on the start button or icons and nothing will happen. It will drive him crazy.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
I have done this before.

Yea when the guy before posted that, before batboy, I was wondering how you would get rid of the task-bar. But now that you have fully explained I love it. And to sentinal I'm really not trying to prove a point. It wouldnt benefit I know whos computer is really faster. But now its a just a prank. Thanks guy for this great stuff.

take a screen shot of his dekstop - then make it his wallpaper - and then hide his desktop icons

:D works everytime!

{EDIT} - sorry did read whole thread - u dont need to move his icons into folder - there is a "hide dekstop icons" command in windows

Right click on dekstop / Arrange icons by / show desktop icons

Send him a program through AIM or something that underclocks his computer so it's not better than yours. It wouldn't be hard.

Back