• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Divider Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tortie

Registered
My computer runs stably at 9x245 at 1:1 memory settings and will also run at 9x275 using the 9/10 divider with added voltage to the CPU, but their 3Dmark scores are nearly identical. Is this normal?

I decided to let it run at 9x245@ 1:1 instead of 9x275 w/ 9/10 divider since the scores are the same and the 1:1 temps are lower. Both setups passed memtest86 without any errors and are prime95 stable. What do you guys suggest?

My system specs is in my sig.

Last edited:
I have my "show sig" option checked, but it still doesnt show up in my post :bang head :

Anyway, here's my specs.

AMD Athlon 64 2800+ @ 9x245 FSB 2200 mhz
DFI Lanparty UT NF3 250GB w/ 10/05/04 Oskar Bios
Corsair TwinX1024-4000 Pro (3-4-4-8) 2.8v
Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT
36GB Western Digital Raptor SATA
200GB Seagate Barracuda SATA
Audigy 2 ZS
Thermaltake SilentTower CPU Cooler
OCZ Powerstream 420w PSU

I noticed the same thing. When I went from stock 9x200 to 9x280 ( 1.8 to 2.5 ) my 03 and 05 scores hardly moved at all. I even reinstalled 03 and tried again just to check: no difference.

well maybe I'm just an idiot but since those are graphics tests than regardless you should have neglibile gains from CPU speed increases.

Robrules18 said:
well maybe I'm just an idiot but since those are graphics tests than regardless you should have neglibile gains from CPU speed increases.

There's was big difference in 3Dmark scores from my stock CPU speed and overclocked CPU. I was expecting the same increase in scores when I increased it from 2.2mhz to 2.4mhz, but because I used a divider in order to reach 2.4mhz, there virtually was no gains in score.

Back