• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want to bench my new 6800GT...what and how?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vito

New card is the XFX 6800GT
New to the benchmarking scene here and a bit confused with all the benchmark apps out there.
Id like to test the performance of the new card and was wondering what benchie to use and what settings to have the rig on for the test.
What kinds of "scores" am I to look at when completed?
Are there some general settings the rig should be at for optimal testing?
I will be running HL2 and Far Cry on this rig as well.

How do you like the new card? I'd suggest popping over here to futuremark and grabbing 3dmark03 or 05 and giving it a go. When you're done you compare your setup to similar systems. GL.

http://www.futuremark.com/

Last edited:
Buhammot said:
only prob is.. that not everyone has monitors capable of 1600x1200... such as myself... 17" lcd 1280x1024 max

My comment was aimed at the original poster since he has a 19 in CRT. I own a 17" LCD as well and am constrained to 1280x1024.

Last edited:
My comment was aimed at the original poster since he has a 19 in CRT

My home rig has dual Sony 21" CRT's and will do 1600x1200.
Should the test be run at 1600x1200?
I see most people have the settings at 1280x1024 or 1024x768

For testing out the limits of your system, you might as well test it at the highest possible resolution. If you are not getting respectable framerates, you could drop down to 1280x1024. With your system you shouldn't have to play any games at 1024x768.

Back