• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clocking Patriot PC-3200 2-2-2-5 timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rev

I was just wondering.. I picked up this ram...

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-220-033&depa=0

I was wondering how many Mhz you guys were able to get it up to with the tightest 2-2-2-5 timings. What kind of voltages did you put through it? I've gotten it to run at 210 mhz at 2-2-2-5. Is it worth it to loosen up the timings a bit to push the FSB to 222 and keep the memory in 1:1? Or.. since I'm running a P4 system, is it worth it to keep the timings tight go to 222 FSB and run 5:4. I'm sorta new at this, so forgive me if I sound noob. What do I do? (This isn't my computer, so running 222 FSB would be the highest I'ld go.. for a nice even 4.0 Ghz)

TCCD does poorly with 2-2-2. The most I have seen people get with it is in the 220-215 range. However with 2.5-3-3 they skyrocket to 280 or so. As for voltages you really wont need more than 2.85v for TCCD.

Btw I know you mentioned Intel but what CPU / board is this? We'd be happy to help if we had more information

Back