• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to get the best timings for memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

I am wondering how to get the best timings for my memory without loosing stability and still keeping a fairly high clock speed.

Sandra 2005 reports my memory running 578MHz CL3-4-4-4-2 yet in my bios, I have my memory set to CL2.5-4-4-8-2. Who is right, the bios or Sandra? I am also wondering what exactly the fourth number means (8) in my bios's case I believe because Sandra see's it as (4).

Also, no matter what timings I use, its still no use.

OC-Master

What does CPUz say? Sandra could be wrong but CPUz never is.

As for the timings issue you will hear people argue on both sides on what is better. Frankly I prefer overall speed vs timings. Its all about a balance. If you can only gain 10mhz from using 3-4-4 then dont. Its its over 30 then hell yes.

After playing around with dozens of settings, it seems running CL2.5 4-4-8 566MHz seems to perform the best over 600MHz CL3 6-6-11 or 480MHz CL2.5 4-4-8-1T

If anyone else is using OCZ PC4400 EL, 566MHz CL2.5-4-4-8-2T seems to be the sweet spot :) and provides 6700MB/s in Sandra.

OC-Master

Back