• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G. Skill PC 4400 (3200) vs OCZ 3200 Platinum rev.2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hybris6

Hi I wonder if theres a test somewhere where they compared these 2 memories? I can't decide which to buy. Im going with a winchester 3500 and DFL lanparty SLI-DR mobo and I had my mind set on the G skill 4400 memory but the shop is sold out on those and don't know when they will get new ones. They do have the OCZ plat rev2 but those cost a little more than the gskills.

Should I wait for the gskill or should I go with the ocz? I heard OCZ use higher voltage so I guess they produce more heat and I don't really want that. Whats the biggest differences between these 2 cards?

hybris6 said:
Should I wait for the gskill or should I go with the ocz? I heard OCZ use higher voltage so I guess they produce more heat and I don't really want that. Whats the biggest differences between these 2 cards?

Wait for the G. Skills...I have used OCZ PC3500EL and G. Skill LC's...and definetly wait for the G. Skills...

If you dont mind going with 512 DC kits...then I would really go with the LA's...these have been known to hit well past DDR700 at 1:1 timings...

Also...if you let the G. Skills do a little "burn in"...it is possible to run benchmarks at 5-3-3-2.5/1T/1:1 at 275FSB/HT...my EL's never came close to running what my G. Skills run now...

Cool thanks then I guess I'll wait for them. Does burn in really work? Did anyone make a test or something that proves it works? (A test with burn in for like x hours vs playing a game or something for the same amount of time. not a test burn in vs nothing)

hybris6 said:
Cool thanks then I guess I'll wait for them. Does burn in really work? Did anyone make a test or something that proves it works? (A test with burn in for like x hours vs playing a game or something for the same amount of time. not a test burn in vs nothing)

I didnt do a exact burn in...but after a few weeks of running I was able to get 5-3-3-2.5 out of them...when I first got them...7-3-3-2.5 would barely run...let alone run any benchmarks...

Back