• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingmax Hardcore PC4000 DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ferrett

Registered
Hi lads
Help me understand, i have two 256 sticks of this running in dual channel on a NF2 see sig for spec.Well this ram is capable of 250mhz, but can i do this on this board though. i know i can select 250 but can the board do it? Well i can not get it to.Is it a limitation of the NF2 chipset.
ta
Ferret

Hi
thanks for the reply but now im really confused.Im aware of the cpu limitation and at a tad over 2.3 im happy but i thought you could set the ram speed separetly from the CPU FSB.I have settings
50%
65%
75%
90%
110%
120%
150% ect ect

So whats this feature for?, sorry for the newb style questions but ive just upgraded from a KA7 raid.
thanks
Ferret

You have the option to run your memory out of synch with your cpu, faster or slower, but on the NF2 boards it's not a good idea. There is a significant performance hit when the memory is not running at 1:1 ( 100% ) that normally will cancel out an increase in memory speed. The highest FSB you can make at 1:1 should give you your best performance.

2 X 256 RAMs by itself, should be able to do 250 but you'll need to lower the multi and you must have a stable mobo.

If you have a desktop Barton, best speed you can get is 2.0 to 2.3. If you have a mobile Barton, you can get 2.4 to 2.8 with air cooling.

I can get 255 on mine but the northbridge and south bridge gets too hot. I have a northbridge cooler but nothing on south bridge. If you have good cooling both of those chips, you may be able to maintain that speed. Performance wise, I've found 230 FSB to be best permance using sandra2005 bench marks.

Hi guys thanks for the info i now understan and am at one with my board lol.Unfortunatly i have a desktop week 41 and its lock solid lol so no more fsb for me.
Ta
Ferret

try lowering your memory timings. AMD's love lower latencies and since you can't get to 250FSB, lowering the timings would be the next step.

I was able to get 2.5-3-3-10 at 230. perhaps you can go lower because you're only at 210.

Good luck.

Back