• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ 3200 Platinum edition Rev 2 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johnny_82

Registered
I tried setting my memory timings to 2-2-2-5 last night but my comptuer would not even load into windows. :bang head This memory can go as low as 2-2-2-5 no problem. Is my mobo the problem or am i doing something wrong? check my sig for machine specs.

What HT speed were you trying to boot at? Mine will only boot with those timings below about 220 regardless of voltage. Beyond that I have to start loosening memory timings. 2.5-3-2-5 gets me up to about 235, 2.5-3-3-5 gets me up to 265ish, beyond that I've only tested 3-3-3-5 to be memtest stable at 270(DDR540) all these are at 1T. Doesn't seem like voltage makes much difference at all with these sticks, at least voltage under 2.85v.

To be honest i dont have a bog! How do i set the voltage etc. What do i need to do in order to get lower timings?? Sorry guys, i'm new to this!
:eh?:

Not a problem. Timings just don't get any lower than 2-2-2-5, but the memory won't do those timings at very high speed. If you're still at stock speed then your HT should be set for 200 and your CPU multi set for 11 giving you the 3500's default 2200Mhz. The memory should work fine at 2-2-2-5 at default voltage(2.7v I believe) if you've not changed any BIOS settings.

yeah, my memory is getting 2.67V at the moment and the cpu is running at 2244Mhz on 1.64V. My idle cpu temp is 41 C with all fans including cpu fan at very low rpm and under load with all fans up full it gets to 57 C.

So if I'm following you then you're saying your platinum rev2 is failing at 204x11@2-2-2-5 timings? If so then something's not up to snuff.

Mine certainly don't respond well to more voltage. Anything aside from the default 2.7v and the results diminish. Kind of odd really.

TimoneX said:
Mine certainly don't respond well to more voltage. Anything aside from the default 2.7v and the results diminish. Kind of odd really.
thats how most TCCDs are

bobmanfoo said:
thats how most TCCDs are

Precisely. That's why I find voodoothenoob's comment interesting, though there are others having success running more voltage through TCCD memory sticks.

Back