• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quest for 240fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roids-A-Flamin'

Got my 3200+ clawhammer and a DFI NF3 board on the way. My current ram is 2x256 Corsair twin X PC3200 with CH-5 chips and 1 512mb corsair XMS PC3200 with mosel chips but identical 2-3-2-6 timings. Now I purchased the 512 stick after I had sold my NF-7 and never overclocked it. And my twin x ran about 225 fsb pretty well but my CPU wouldn't handle higher than that. So with some similar experience with this memory and the DFI lanparty (754) will it be able to run 240fsb with no problems or stress whatsoever? Reason I'm asking now is because I'd like to get a good idea of what to expect before I sell my ram and get something else which I'd rather not do.

If your saying that you plan to use two sticks of 256 and one stick of 512, then it would almost be impossible to predict what would happen. Ive had similar setups work ok, but others could barely run stock. When it comes to ram, a matched pair is best.

Back