• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3500+ AMD 64 K8n Neo2, Now what Mem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeeXGod

Registered
I was wondering if someone could guide me with getting the right mem. Right now I have some generic samsung. I was thinking DDR 4000 Thanks for any input. :cool:

since you have a 3500+ with an 11 multi, i'd get OCZ VX =) or bh-5, you could get tccd chips but you don't NEED super high fsb to get a decent cpu OC like those with 3000+s or 3200+s, i'd stick with tight timings and use the 11 multi

Most popular choices are PDP Patriot XBL, OCZ Platinum rev2, & G.skill. All of these use Samsung TCCD memory chips and work very well with the MSI neo2. If you search the forums here you'll find many examples of good results with these modules.

G. Skill...these are by far the best out right now...either the LE or LA models...

LE's best 1G DC kit
LA's best 512 DC kit

Are you just saying that the 1 gb LA aren't the best because they aren't available or are they really just worse than the LE?

azianese said:
Are you just saying that the 1 gb LA aren't the best because they aren't available or are they really just worse than the LE?

the LA 1G DC kit is 2T rated...the LA 512 DC kit is 1T rated

Where can I find some good prices on ram ??? Also What speeds should I be looking at getting I still 3200??? remember I have a 3500+ Thanks

3200?? hm not higher? I have always used bargin ram oops I have gotten it up to 240x11 not stable but I think it was the ram.....so thats why I wonder 3200 isn tit 400mhz ?

Last edited:
Damn Also whats some good PC4000 to get if I should even been getting that? Also Does anyone know of a program to identify memory?

The speed ratings on memory can be every bit as meaningless as the speed ratings on CPUs. Often times memory that's labeled as PC3200 can exceed PC4400 specifications. It's just a matter of figuring out what chips are being used. In the case of the OCZ PC3200 platinum rev2 it uses Samsung TCCD 437 chips. The same chips are used by g.skill to produce their PC4400LE modules.

TimoneX said:
In the case of the OCZ PC3200 platinum rev2 it uses Samsung TCCD 437 chips. The same chips are used by g.skill to produce their PC4400LE modules.

There are some other factors that also must be taken into account when making this statement...

1. 1 out of 10 chips are used for the LE's (some do not even make it to LD standards)
2. G. Skill does a very stressful stability test to make sure all memory that is on all of its models will do both PC3200/PC4400 speeds at the rated models timings...and in the case of the LA's...DDR600 rated...
3. G. Skill uses its own brain PCB setup...so the PCB's are not totally alike
4. G. Skill is the only maker out that gaurantees that all models..(except the LA's) run at PC3200/PC4400 and in the LA's case DDR600 specs for a lifetime...

I am not knocking or will I knock OCZ and its products...but G. Skill does go over and above what most other companys do to make sure they have some of the top memory out right now

Really bro, look into a job with g.skill you work overtime for them. :p

TimoneX said:
Really bro, look into a job with g.skill you work overtime for them. :p

I did the same thing when I had my OCZ 3500 EL's ;)...loved them (once again :thup: to Ryan for getting my issue with the conterfiet EL's taken care of...even when OCZ themselves didnt have to replace them for me...matter of fact my cont. OCZ memory was PC2700 EL's)...neither of my NF7's did for some reason though...

maybe I am just not getting it I have found very little gskills on pricewatch....what about a OCZ OCZ Platinum Enhanced Latency 184-Pin 512MB DDR PC-4200 - Retail
I see that.... I just want to find so kick *** performance while keeping 1gb about $250.
There is alot of choices.

Back