• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying G.Skill F1-3200DSU2-1GBLE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Commander_Kang

Speedy Dragon
Well after diging through multiple threads on G.Skill I think I'm going to settle with some from NewEgg . It is my understanding that the LEs are the good over clockers and the LDs are to be avoided correct?I've considerd the PDP Patriots but the G.Skill seem to be a better over clocker all around.If not please point me in the right direction :)

System

AMD A64 3000+ Winne currently stock but will run above 2.5 when not 1:1 with mem
MSI NEO Plat 2 bios 1.4 bios havent tried any others yet
Geforce 6800GT OC 256MB stock
Fortron 550 watt psu
XP-120 Heat sink

And that is correct about the LD's...the LD's are PC3200 6-3-3-2 rated...not 5-2-2-2 like the LC and LE's...

If you dont want/need 1G...I would honestly get the LA's...the 3000 winnies have a better chance of running at 300+FSB/HT then the 3200's and 3500's...and the LA's are actually the best OCing G. Skill out right now...but only the 2x256DC kit is 1T rated...

G. Skill LA

The more and more I think about the LA's each day...the more and more I am tempted in selling my 1G LC kit and getting the LA's

ZenTrickz said:
Quick question. Are the LC and LE's about equal in performance? Or is one a better overclocker

Actually when it usally comes to the final OC...both tend to OC about the same with the same timings...the LE's do run tighter timings at PC4400 specs...but my LC's will also run at 5-3-3-2.5/1T/1:1 timings with 2.85v up to 281 and 5-3-4-2.5 up to 289...

Now the LA's are DDR600 rate at 8-4-4-2.5 and most seem to be able to run at 300/6-3-3-2.5/1T/1:1/2.7v...and have been known to easily achieve DDR700+...this is why I am debating on selling my LC's and getting the LA's...

glock19owner said:
And that is correct about the LD's...the LD's are PC3200 6-3-3-2 rated...not 5-2-2-2 like the LC and LE's...

If you dont want/need 1G...I would honestly get the LA's...the 3000 winnies have a better chance of running at 300+FSB/HT then the 3200's and 3500's...and the LA's are actually the best OCing G. Skill out right now...but only the 2x256DC kit is 1T rated...

G. Skill LA

The more and more I think about the LA's each day...the more and more I am tempted in selling my 1G LC kit and getting the LA's
Do the LAs come in 512MB modules or would I be stuck getting them in 256MB modules?Newegg only seems to carry the LAs as 256.

Commander_Kang said:
Do the LAs come in 512MB modules or would I be stuck getting them in 256MB modules?Newegg only seems to carry the LAs as 256.

The LA's do come in 1G kits but are 2T rated...not 1T rated like the 512 DC kit..

IMHO I did not really notice any difference going from 512 to 1G like I did when I went from 512 to 1G on my NF2...

thegreek said:
The LE's tend to OC a little more.

Can you say this for a fact?...not starting anything...but have you ran both sets?...

I have...matter of fact running 1G LE's as I type right now...friend bought his set over earlier today because he was having issues with them and his Asus board...

Both tend to OC to about the same on my system with the same timings...the LE's do tend to run tighter timings up to around 295FSB (my LC's will run up to 289 at 5-3-3-2.5/2.85v)...then both OC to about 355 at the same timings...so yes...the LC's adn LE's both tend to OC to about the same when it comes to the final OC...

Commander_Kang said:
Well after diging through multiple threads on G.Skill I think I'm going to settle with some from NewEgg . It is my understanding that the LEs are the good over clockers and the LDs are to be avoided correct?I've considerd the PDP Patriots but the G.Skill seem to be a better over clocker all around.If not please point me in the right direction :)

You'll love the sticks, great memory.

gskillbandwidth.jpg

Back